Friday, December 16, 2016

Answered Prayer - A Christmas "Thank You"

A Christmas "Thank You" to Marcus' Grandma, Caregiver and our Answered Prayer

Below is my mom's (Jan) Christmas Letter to all our friends and family


Dec. 16, 2016

I apologize that I am not able to send out our annual Christmas "up-to-date letter" on Marcus. Although I love this time of year, I found it to be difficult to write a letter this year. Marci has been keeping you all semi up-to-date on our doctors’ appointments and such.  She also sends out the "funny" videos.  We also try to record some of the tough and exhausting outbursts to send to his doctors, but aren't quite ready to send them all to you, as his language is not exactly rated G.  

First and foremost, I want you all to know that we SO appreciate all the great comments and responses to Marci's updates.  It really does encourage us.  Some days are great, some days are good, and some are just plain bad. 

Words cannot begin to explain how amazing of an answer to our prayers that my mom, Marion, has been.  In spite of, this year, her losing 3 siblings and her husband of 53 1/2 years, she is the best caregiver we could have ever asked for.  Besides that fact that she truly loves Marcus, she does a great job in "negotiating" when he seems to be nonnegotiable.  Once again, I say that Gary and I aren't good at the negotiating, defusing, etc.  Grandma has the touch.  She says that Marcus gives her purpose, and I am glad for this, because I still, at times, wonder why I question God's plan. 

Mom and Marcus have an evening ritual of playing Phase Ten (card game), Karroms, learning the state capitals, and their own version of a spelling bee.  I love that she takes time to do that.  When he is at home with us, he always asks me why I can't be "nice" like grandma.  I try to explain to him that I need to stay a little mean so that he will want to go to grandmas.

So, I just want to personally say, "I love you mom, for loving Marcus so much, even though there are times when his actions are so hard to love. You truly are an answer to prayer.”

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love, The McGillivray’s 







No comments:

Post a Comment